Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Smart sewing & birthday surprise!

My sister bought a few old magazines at a thrift shop....I thought you might get a kick out of some of the pages,
I love the cover above...cute tomato pincushion and through each pin is a category in the magazine.

This I love the most....festive fancy aprons for the holidays.
They have the cutest designs.....but the tulle/chiffon type fabric cracks me up.
As if those aprons are functional at all!
I guess you were supposed to wear a cute dress and put on the see through apron..haha.

I had to throw in a pic of Froy... on my new quilt...he doesn't care if his boots are dirty or not.
This cat is called "the most Precious" sometimes because he is young and not the sharpest crayon in the box.

Back to the old magazines...
This one has sweet strawberries. 
It is a simple design that is really classic.

I love the patches on the kids jumper.
So old fashioned.
No one makes designs like these anymore....it really shows you the innocence of the times.

The cat is in on the front of the girls jumper...maybe like a pocket. 
It seems like I have seen these used as small potholders too.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
My great pal Marilyn, sent me a fun package of goodies for my birthday (we share the same b-day)....There was a sweet Happy birthday party girl, pocket token, bookmark(that is what I am going to use it for), crazy tackz (fun tacks with hooks and embellishments on them), and tons of wire forms....some shown here. Plus some bonus stuff....I'm very happy!
Marilyn is very good at paper crafting...she is the queen.
I have been wanting some crazy tackz ... she helped with design and use ideas for this product.  Each tack has hooks and most with a decorative quality.

These wire forms are cool.
She gave me a alot..I need to organize them.
I feel so blessed!

Come to the pin me linky party!   Come to what to do weekend also!

No comments:

Post a Comment